Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Let the Healing Begin



Operation Bear Paw began the day I wrote my last blog. The operation consisted of not being a moron. With that said, I have been a moron. Last sunday at San Francisco’s “Bay to Breakers”, I walked almost 5 straight miles with no good support for my ankle. Let’s just say, operation Bear Paw suffered heavy losses. For those of you that don’t know about Bay to Breakers, it’s an all out street party covering a distance of 7 miles. Click here to view the madness created by Permagrinfilms.com.

So after Bay to Breakers, I felt like I got the worst out of my system. Still focusing on my goal, I got in touch w/ people that maybe had some idea’s of a good Physical Therapy group in the bay area. Thank goodness for my friend Cardi and his social skills (chick magnet). He introduced me to a friend of his in San Diego a few months back that worked in Sports Therapy here in the bay area. After a few emails, Cardi got me in touch w/ Tony Tognetti. Now the first time I met Tony in San Diego, we talked briefly about the ankle then continued to have a crazy night. From what I remember, I woke up with bunny ears. Anyways, after talking to Tony on the phone and making an appointment, I was anxious to checkout the facility and see what his opinion on the injury was.

Walking into Apex was inspiring. I know that sounds stupid, but that’s how I felt. The facility was lit up with natural light, a clean looking setup throughout the workout floor and a staff as easy going, supportive and motivating as you could get. Seeing Tony in his work environment was great. He stay focused and professional the entire time I was doing exercises while bringing up our last trip in San Diego. His assistant Laura was there as well to help maintain the efficiency of my workout. Toward the end of the session I was well informed of what steps needed to be taken first and important parts of my ankle other therapist failed to address.

At the end of the day, I was excited I found a Physical Therapy group that felt right. Starting next week, I’ll be going 3 times a week giving 100% commitment to healing my ankle. Operation Bear Paw just took a giant step in completing it’s mission. My hopes are high this time around and I’ll be updating the progress of my ankle as time goes on. Thanks for reading and contact Tony at Apex if you have any questions about your injuries.
-colt