Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Ankle Update for a Bit






















So I got my stitches pulled out today and was hoping for
the doctors to tell me more good news, but the doctors
weren't even there. Today was just stitches and staying
on the same path.

The Path: For this past week, I've been using a motion
machine (pictured bottom left) to move my ankle 10
degree's back and forth so that scar tissue doesn't build
up on the repaired tendon. I use this machine 3 times a
day, 20 minutes a session. No weight what so ever on
my ankle and no movement of my body that could
trigger my tendon to flex.

So the next time I see the doctors will be Sep 3rd.
That's when we'll go over my progress and hopefully
start physical therapy. Still can't estimate when I'll be
skating, I'm just hoping for a full recovery. So until then,
it's chill time. So if any of you are bored like me, drop
me a line, it would cheer me up. Thanks.