Tuesday, August 5, 2008

They shaved my ankle!






















I maybe got 2 hours of sleep because I was so nervous for today. It's 6am and I don't know what to think. I'm thirsty and hungry because I wasn't allowed to eat anything 8 hours before surgery. I walk into an empty building with one lady giving me forms to fill out. "Sign here so were not liable for your death". Haha great way to start the morning.

They take me in the prep room and gave me a cool gown and steezy hat as you can see pictured above. Then proceeded to remove all the hair off my left ankle for a fresh new look. The anesthesiologist came in to setup my IV (Intravenous therapy). He explained the after effects and what was gonna be pumped through my veins. Just after I got to meet both doctors (Dr Oloff and Dr Dillingham) before the surgery to go over the procedure. I made sure to let them know how much I appreciated their help and that I really wanted them to take care of me. Kinda my moment of peace to feel reassured this was going to work.

I was then rolled into the room where all the magic happens. Nothing too special about the room. Two huge over head rotating lights. Enough sharp objects to hunt a herd of buffalo and MRI photos all over one wall. The anesthesiologist came in again saying the surgery was about to start so count backwards. I didn't know what number to start from so I thought about 10. Right when 10 popped in my head, I woke up in the first room I was prepped in with a huge bandage around my ankle.

So I'm now getting home writing this blog. My ankle feels fine. I'm just elevating it and trying to ice it when I can. I wrote a myspace bulletin last night asking for as much support as possible and the response was amazing. So many of you care about my recovery and it helps me out more then you know. So keep checking in for updates and please keep sending me positive messages. Thanks for everything.