Monday, September 8, 2008

Bend Over!!!

A few weeks ago, my friend took himself to the El Camino hospital ER (same hospital I went for my shoulder separation) because he wasn't feeling to well. Fearing it might be a serious allergic reaction, he had no choice but to bite the bullet without health insurance. Within hours he was let go from the hospital with little or no treatment at all. He would soon learn there is nothing little in the ER.
I met with him briefly this morning and he told me about his bill he got from the hospital. My jaw dropped. $5,000+ for a few hours in the ER. Talk about getting gang raped by a gaggle of silver back apes. I told him I didn't believe him until he emailed me a scanned copy. "BOOOOMMMM", the file opens and I'm even more in shock. It literally says on the charge list: ER = $5,000. What the fuck does that mean. I can get a hotel room twice the size with a TV for $59. Emergency Room my ass ain't worth that much. So here's the photo. Click the photo to enlarge and view the bull shit charges. Health care in this country sucks, thanks US government for figuring that one out.